The Capt Edwin Reese House, also known as the Basil Hall, is a historic Greek Revival style house in Eutaw. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a raised brick foundation. Four monumental Ionic columns span the front portico. It was built from 1856 to 1859 by Edwin Reese who was a prominent carriage manufacturer in Eutaw. The house was recorded by the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) in 1936. It was listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage (ARLH) on October 17, 1980 and added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) as a part of the Antebellum Homes in Eutaw TR multiple property submission on April 02, 1982, due to its architectural significance.
Address: 244 Wilson Ave, Eutaw, AL 35442
Latitude: 32.839744 | Longitude: -87.890003