44th Annual Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Festival at Tannehill State Park
April 30 @ 5:00 pm - May 7 @ 12:00 pm
Mark your calendar for the 44th Annual Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Festival which will be held April 30 – May 7, 2017. Gazebo performances will be on Friday May 5th, and Classes and open stage will be on Saturday May 6th.
Schedule of Activities
Members please remember to bring your folding chairs to all events!
April 30 – May 4 Informal jams at campsites and at SADA host site and later in the week, schoolhouse jams. Note we will probably go to Woodlands Assisted Living to play for the residents early in the week
- May 4, Thursday 5 PM All club members are invited to a hot dog cookout. Hosted by the Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Club. Jamming afterwards!!
- May 5, Friday 9:30 AM Informal playing and singing by members and guests at the Gazebo next to the Country Store. Vendors open for sales all day.
- May 5, Friday 5:30PM Kiwanis Pavilion Pot Luck Supper. Bring a dish to share & the Host Club will provide the rest. Jamming afterwards!
- May 6, Saturday 9AM-5 PM Hospitality tent open – Information and signup for Open stage. Vendors open for sales near Gazebo or Kiwanis Pavilion.
- May 6, Saturday 9AM-Noon Lessons in DAA, DAD, and hammered dulcimer. No charge for the lessons. See Gazebo and Lesson Schedule.
- May 6, Saturday 1 PM Open Stage at the Kiwanis Pavilion, drawing for dulcimer donated by WILL THIS BE YOU at end of program
- May 7, Sunday 9 AM Church service held in Cane Creek School House
Check https://sdulcimer.wordpress.com/44th-annual-southern-appalachian-dulcimer-festival-at-tannehill-state-park/ as more information about the 2017 event is posted.