Alexander-Webb-Wilson House

    west alabama image

    This house, originally a stagecoach inn, was build in old Erie and moved to Eutaw by Dr. Abram F. Alexander in 1848.  It has four well proportioned two-story columns on  the front and a second floor balcony over the double front doors. Inside features …

    learn more

    Aliceville Museum

    west alabama image

    The Aliceville Museum has grown from a single room in the Aliceville Public Library to a large facility encompassing three buildings, a courtyard, and a plaza area in downtown Aliceville.  The museum has been in its current location since 1995.  There …

    learn more

    Asa-White-McGiffert-Colson House

    west alabama image

    Colonel Asa White built his home with many unusual features such as a two-tiered covered gallery across the front of the house with six doorways to the porches, distinctive millwork, and a dramatic staircase winding to the third floor. The house still …

    learn more

    Attoway R. Davis Richardson House

    west alabama image

    The house is said to have been moved from an original site across the Warrior River in old Erie, the house was newly sited on Main Street and a one-story building exactly the width of the rear structure and resembling the Vaughn house being built acros …

    learn more

    Beckham-Dye-Palmer House

    west alabama image

    This house was built in stages between 1899 and 1909. This was the first house reportedly in Greene County to have electricity. Features of the house include beveled and leaded-paned windows, pine ceilings throughout, and many fine etched-glass mirrors …

    learn more

    Bethsalem Presbyterian Church

    west alabama image

    Bethsalem Presbyterian Church, built in 1833.

    learn more

    Brierfield Ironworks Historical Park

    west alabama image

    Brierfield Ironworks Historical State Park is an attractive, open park with a friendly staff. The terrain is primarily open and level, with a small wet-weather stream and a covered bridge not far from the park entrance. There are gently rolling hills t …

    learn more

    Captain Edwin Reese House

    west alabama image

    The Capt Edwin Reese House, also known as the Basil Hall, is a historic Greek Revival style house in Eutaw. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a raised brick foundation. Four monumental Ionic columns span the front portico. It was built f …

    learn more

    Coleman-Banks House

    west alabama image

    The Coleman-Banks house, also known as the James Oliver Banks house, is the first of four antebellum homes at Eutaw, AL to have original colossal-order porticos.  This house was built c. 1847 by George W. Shawver, owner of the Parapet Hotel.  The house …

    learn more

    Dew-Abrams House

    west alabama image

    Duncan Dew was a well-known planter and business man of Eutaw, AL. He came to Eutaw in 1822 and built this house about 1832. This is a private residence.

    learn more

    Elliott-Banks House

    west alabama image

    Gardner Elliott, a merchant in Eutaw, purchased his three acre lot from Asa White in late 1847.  The framed story-and-a-half rests over a brick basement.  Two rooms on the main level flank a center hall, and upstairs are two loft rooms.  A square-piere …

    learn more

    Everhope Plantation

    west alabama image

    This stunning example of Greek Revival architecture boasts its original heart of pine floors, windows, woodwork, and even its original doorbell!  There is a modern two thousand square foot addition where the proprietor resides, and multiple restored ou …

    learn more

    Fayette County Memorial Library

    west alabama image

    To provide materials and a wide range of services to meet the various educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs and interests, with equal access to all citizens of Fayette County.

    learn more

    Fayette Courthouse

    west alabama image

    One of the greatest misfortunes to strike the town of Fayette was a fire that swept through the business district in 1911. It was on Friday, March 26, at 6 A.M., when fire was discovered in a drug store. Fanned by a brisk wind, the flames spread rapidl …

    learn more

    Fayette Depot Museum

    west alabama image

    Located in the restored, historic train station constructed in 1887, the Fayette Depot Museum contains a wealth of local historical artifacts – including a mint condition still! Also featured is a Civil War-era drum. It is maintained by the Fayette His …

    learn more

    Fayette First United Methodist Church

    west alabama image

    Fayette First United Methodist Church is a unique group of people who love their community. There are many different opportunities for fellowship, worship, and spiritual growth. The church describes themselves as a “come as you are” community. The chur …

    learn more

    Fellowship Baptist Church Cemetery

    west alabama image

    Burial place of famed train robber Rube Burrows

    learn more

    First Presbyterian Church of Eutaw

    west alabama image

    The First Presbyterian Church of Eutaw was completed in 1851. The church was recorded in the Historic American Buildings Survey in 1933 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.

    learn more

    Gorgas House Museum

    west alabama image

    The Gorgas House Museum is the oldest structure on the University of Alabama campus. Built in 1829, the building served as a dining hall, hotel, and residence for the University’s Steward. Converted into a faculty residence in the 1840s, it was one of …

    learn more

    Greensboro Opera House

    west alabama image

    For more than half a century the Greensboro Opera House sat deserted. In 2003, a group of interested citizens formed Greensboro Opera House, Inc., for the purpose of purchasing the Opera House, rehabilitating it, and returning it to a multi-purpose cul …

    learn more

    Herndon-Liverman House

    west alabama image

    This house was originally constructed in Old Erie by Thomas Herndon in the late 1820’s. An outstanding feature of the house is its interior woodwork, which includes Federal-Style wainscoting and Greek Key designs in the moldings.  This is known in Euta …

    learn more

    Historic Greene County Courthouse

    west alabama image

    The Historic Greene County Courthouse was built in 1839 but, after a fire destroyed the building in 1868, it was rebuilt and completed in 1869. The original plans were used with the exception of a much taller second level, three-sash windows, and wider …

    learn more

    Kirkwood Mansion

    west alabama image

    Kirkwood is a historic plantation home in Eutaw, Alabama. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 17, 1976, due to its architectural significance. Kirkwood is a historic antebellum plantation mansion located in Eutaw. It is a G …

    learn more

    Littleberry Pippen (Pippen Plantation) House

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only This one-story wood-frame house, built in the early 1840’s, features a Creole Cottage-style architecture with later Greek Revival modifications. It is one of three similar Creole Cottage-style homes in Eutaw. …

    learn more

    Magnolia Grove

    west alabama image

    “Magnolia Grove, an excellent example of temple-style Greek Revival architecture, was built around 1840 as a town house by Isaac and Sarah Croom, whose plantations were about 20 miles south of Greensboro near Faunsdale. The main house and three depende …

    learn more
Visit Us On Facebook