This home was built circa 1841 by Iredell P. Vaughan, a tailor, for his new bride, Miss Ann Margaret Steele. It has a raised Creole Cottage style construction. A one-story porch spans the full width of the east and south facades. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 2, 1982 as part of the “Antebellum Homes in Eutaw” multiple property submission. The “Antebellum Homes in Eutaw” MPS covers twenty-three properties in Eutaw, all built prior to the Civil War. These properties represent one of the most intact collections of domestic antebellum architecture to survive in the state.
Address: 310 Wilson Ave., Eutaw, AL
Latitude: 32.8420740000 | Longitude: -87.8909950000
Visit the site