Alexander-Webb-Wilson House

    west alabama image

    This house, originally a stagecoach inn, was build in old Erie and moved to Eutaw by Dr. Abram F. Alexander in 1848.  It has four well proportioned two-story columns on  the front and a second floor balcony over the double front doors. Inside features …

    learn more

    Asa-White-McGiffert-Colson House

    west alabama image

    Colonel Asa White built his home with many unusual features such as a two-tiered covered gallery across the front of the house with six doorways to the porches, distinctive millwork, and a dramatic staircase winding to the third floor. The house still …

    learn more

    Attoway R. Davis Richardson House

    west alabama image

    The house is said to have been moved from an original site across the Warrior River in old Erie, the house was newly sited on Main Street and a one-story building exactly the width of the rear structure and resembling the Vaughn house being built acros …

    learn more

    Backbone Boat Ramp

    west alabama image

    In spring and summer, this site is great for viewing Prothonotary Warblers, Northern Parulas and Yellow-throated Warblers.  Common Yellowthroats are semi-permanent inhabitants of the shrubs and grasses and an be viewed here as well. Look closely for Pu …

    learn more

    Beckham-Dye-Palmer House

    west alabama image

    This house was built in stages between 1899 and 1909. This was the first house reportedly in Greene County to have electricity. Features of the house include beveled and leaded-paned windows, pine ceilings throughout, and many fine etched-glass mirrors …

    learn more

    Bethsalem Presbyterian Church

    west alabama image

    Bethsalem Presbyterian Church, built in 1833.

    learn more

    Bird’s Hay Bale Art Farm

    west alabama image

    Bird’s Farm is a large field beside Highway 43 that contains many amusing and imaginative creations, most of which were made with large bales of hay. Many motorists driving along Highway 43 between Demopolis and Eutaw have done a double-take when they …

    learn more

    Captain Edwin Reese House

    west alabama image

    The Capt Edwin Reese House, also known as the Basil Hall, is a historic Greek Revival style house in Eutaw. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a raised brick foundation. Four monumental Ionic columns span the front portico. It was built f …

    learn more

    Coleman-Banks House

    west alabama image

    The Coleman-Banks house, also known as the James Oliver Banks house, is the first of four antebellum homes at Eutaw, AL to have original colossal-order porticos.  This house was built c. 1847 by George W. Shawver, owner of the Parapet Hotel.  The house …

    learn more

    Dew-Abrams House

    west alabama image

    Duncan Dew was a well-known planter and business man of Eutaw, AL. He came to Eutaw in 1822 and built this house about 1832. This is a private residence.

    learn more

    Elliott-Banks House

    west alabama image

    Gardner Elliott, a merchant in Eutaw, purchased his three acre lot from Asa White in late 1847.  The framed story-and-a-half rests over a brick basement.  Two rooms on the main level flank a center hall, and upstairs are two loft rooms.  A square-piere …

    learn more

    Everhope Plantation

    west alabama image

    This stunning example of Greek Revival architecture boasts its original heart of pine floors, windows, woodwork, and even its original doorbell!  There is a modern two thousand square foot addition where the proprietor resides, and multiple restored ou …

    learn more

    First Presbyterian Church of Eutaw

    west alabama image

    The First Presbyterian Church of Eutaw was completed in 1851. The church was recorded in the Historic American Buildings Survey in 1933 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.

    learn more

    Forkland Campground

    west alabama image

    The campground features a large body of deep water, a boat ramp, picnic area, restrooms, and plenty of nature to view. Expect to see the usual birds of riparian woodlands: many Northern Parulas, Yellow-throated Warblers, Prothonotary Warblers,  Acadian …

    learn more

    Greene County

    Greene County from Visit West Alabama on Vimeo. My locationPrint Close Alexander-Webb-Wilson House This house, originally a stagecoach inn, was build in old Erie and moved to Eutaw by Dr. Abram F. Alexander in 1848.  It has four well proportioned …

    learn more

    Greenetrack

    west alabama image

    Greenetrack is a gaming complex in Eutaw, offering the best in entertainment and gaming around. Come enjoy all of the different games, amenities and prizes offered at the complex. You can bet on different greyhound and thoroughbred horse races, play so …

    learn more

    Herndon-Liverman House

    west alabama image

    This house was originally constructed in Old Erie by Thomas Herndon in the late 1820’s. An outstanding feature of the house is its interior woodwork, which includes Federal-Style wainscoting and Greek Key designs in the moldings.  This is known in Euta …

    learn more

    Historic Greene County Courthouse

    west alabama image

    The Historic Greene County Courthouse was built in 1839 but, after a fire destroyed the building in 1868, it was rebuilt and completed in 1869. The original plans were used with the exception of a much taller second level, three-sash windows, and wider …

    learn more

    Kirkwood Mansion

    west alabama image

    Kirkwood is a historic plantation home in Eutaw, Alabama. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 17, 1976, due to its architectural significance. Kirkwood is a historic antebellum plantation mansion located in Eutaw. It is a G …

    learn more

    Littleberry Pippen (Pippen Plantation) House

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only This one-story wood-frame house, built in the early 1840’s, features a Creole Cottage-style architecture with later Greek Revival modifications. It is one of three similar Creole Cottage-style homes in Eutaw. …

    learn more

    Magnolia on Main

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only. William Scears owned the plantation home, Glenville, which was located about three miles from town. He built “Magnolia on Main” circa 1904 as a townhouse for his family to make it more convenient for his chil …

    learn more

    Mallory-Jones-Shaw Home

    west alabama image

    A very fine example of the late Victorian style is this home built in 1905 by Dr. M. L. Malloy. This house combines the pointed arch of the Gothic, a shingled second-floor façade, bay windows, brackets, and even shows the influence Neo-Classic Revival …

    learn more

    Meriweather-Beinert House

    west alabama image
    learn more

    Meriwether-Steele House

    west alabama image

    The Dr. Willis Meriwether House, also known as the Clark-Malone House, is a historic vernacular Greek Revival style house in Eutaw, AL. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a brick foundation.  Six square box columns span the front portico. …

    learn more

    Mesopotamia Female Seminary

    west alabama image

    The original site of the Mesopotamia Female Seminary was just west of Eutaw. In 1889 this building was moved to the present location at the intersection of Main & Wilson.  It became the core of Eutaw Female College, a reorganization of the old Euta …

    learn more
Visit Us On Facebook