Meriwether-Steele House

    west alabama image

    The Dr. Willis Meriwether House, also known as the Clark-Malone House, is a historic vernacular Greek Revival style house in Eutaw, AL. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a brick foundation.  Six square box columns span the front portico. …

    learn more

    Mesopotamia Female Seminary

    west alabama image

    The original site of the Mesopotamia Female Seminary was just west of Eutaw. In 1889 this building was moved to the present location at the intersection of Main & Wilson.  It became the core of Eutaw Female College, a reorganization of the old Euta …

    learn more

    Mural at the Eutaw Post Office

    west alabama image

    The post office in Eutaw, Alabama houses a wonderful example of New Deal artwork: a mural titled “The Countryside” by Robert Gwathmey. The work was commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and completed in 1941.

    learn more

    Murphy-Dunlap House

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only The Murphy-Dunlap house is just one of many historic antebellum homes in Eutaw, AL. This frame-story-over-high-brick-foundation style house was built in 1847 by Daniel R. Wright. It has an unusual “winter kitc …

    learn more

    Murphy-Henderson House

    west alabama image

    The house is thought to have been built in 1896

    learn more

    Murphy-Henderson House (1896)

    This is a private residence- drive by only.

    learn more

    Myrtle Hill

    west alabama image

    Myrtle Hill is a historic house located in Boligee, Alabama. The house was built in 1840 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. *Known as Boligee Hill from 1840-1869 when it was renamed to Myrtle Hall. The house was renamed to …

    learn more

    Old Green County Courthouse, 1838 & rebuilt 1868

    ÊThe courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 24, 1971, due to its architectural significance.Ê

    learn more

    Old Greene County Library, 1934

    learn more

    Old Greene County Probate Office, 1856

    This building is included in the Green County Courthouse listing that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on March 24, 1971. It is also a contributing property to the Green County Courthouse Historic District thatÕs listed on t …

    learn more

    Old Lock 7 Complex, West Damsite Park

    west alabama image

    The Lock 7 Recreation Area and West Damsite Park has a Southern and Northern component. The southern section is more open and park-like. It features a large parking area,picnic tables, and a shaded camping area. This section of the park also has higher …

    learn more

    Oliver-Braune House

    west alabama image

    This home began as a one-room law office that was built and used by Judge William C. Oliver. This house was added to the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage (ARLH) on October 12, 1976 and subsequently placed on the National Register of Historic …

    learn more

    Phillip Schoppart Cotton House

    west alabama image
    learn more

    Rev. John H. Gray House

    west alabama image

    The Rev. John H. Gray House is a historic house in Eutaw, Alabama built in the 1830s. The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Antebellum Homes in Eutaw Thematic Resource on April 2, 1982, due to its architectural …

    learn more

    Rivers Edge Entertainment Destination

    west alabama image
    learn more

    Rosemount

    west alabama image

    Rosemount is a historic plantation house located in Forkland, Alabama. The house was built between the years of 1832 and 1850 by the Glover family. The house is sometimes referred to as the “Grand Mansion of Alabama.”

    learn more

    Runaway Branch Park

    west alabama image

    This area tends to attract many migrants in spring and fall. The park rings with the songs of the Prothonotary Warbler starting in April. Yellow-throated Warblers, Northern Parulas, and Pine Warblers are well represented here, as well.  On the banks an …

    learn more

    Sheriff’s Office at the Town Square, 1842

    west alabama image

    This small two-story brick building is referred to as the Old Sheriff’s Office and the Grand Jury Room.  It is located on the northeast corner of Eutaw’s Old Courthouse Square and is identified by a bronze plaque that gives 1842 as the completion date …

    learn more

    St. John’s Episcopal Church

    west alabama image

    Used to be known as St. John’s-In-The-Prairie, the church was built around 1860 and relocated from Greensboro to its current location in 1879. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.

    learn more

    St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 1854

    west alabama image

    Join us in worship on the fourth Sunday of every month at 11 am. This church was built in 1854 at the plantation community of The Fork of Greene located twelve miles southeast of Boligee, AL.  The building was consecrated by Bishop Cobbs on April 28, 1 …

    learn more

    St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 1914

    west alabama image

    In 1845, the Anglican minister Rev. John H. Linebaugh organized and taught an Anglican confirmation class in Eutaw. Nine were confirmed in June of 1845 and the small congregation was organized into a parish. The first vestry was elected and appointed t …

    learn more

    Stephen Hale Fowler House

    west alabama image

    Also known as the Hale-Jarvis-Trotter House, the Stephen Hale Fowler House is thought to have been built in 1842. The house was added to the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage on November 30, 1977 and placed on the National Register of Historic …

    learn more

    Vaughn-Morrow House (Greene Co Hist Soc)

    west alabama image

    This home was built circa 1841 by Iredell P. Vaughan, a tailor, for his new bride, Miss Ann Margaret Steele. It has a raised Creole Cottage style construction. A one-story porch spans the full width of the east and south facades. It was added to the Na …

    learn more

    Webb-Grubbs House, “Shadowlawn” c 1840

    west alabama image

    This home was built circa 1840 for William Peter Webb, a lawyer from North Carolina who was one of the earliest residents of Eutaw. During early remodeling, a two-story porch was added with a door on the second level entering a balcony.

    learn more

    Webb-Howell House

    west alabama image

    Charles H. Webb choose the site of the mid-19th-century home of Joseph Pickens for his new home in 1908.  This home was built in the manner of the earlier classic Greek Revival colossal portico homes, reflecting the perfect symmetry of the style-prescr …

    learn more
Translate »
Visit Us On Facebook