Kirkwood Mansion

    west alabama image

    Kirkwood is a historic plantation home in Eutaw, Alabama. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 17, 1976, due to its architectural significance. Kirkwood is a historic antebellum plantation mansion located in Eutaw. It is a G …

    learn more

    Littleberry Pippen (Pippen Plantation) House

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only This one-story wood-frame house, built in the early 1840’s, features a Creole Cottage-style architecture with later Greek Revival modifications. It is one of three similar Creole Cottage-style homes in Eutaw. …

    learn more

    Magnolia Grove

    west alabama image

    “Magnolia Grove, an excellent example of temple-style Greek Revival architecture, was built around 1840 as a town house by Isaac and Sarah Croom, whose plantations were about 20 miles south of Greensboro near Faunsdale. The main house and three depende …

    learn more

    Magnolia on Main

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only. William Scears owned the plantation home, Glenville, which was located about three miles from town. He built “Magnolia on Main” circa 1904 as a townhouse for his family to make it more convenient for his chil …

    learn more

    Mallory-Jones-Shaw Home

    west alabama image

    A very fine example of the late Victorian style is this home built in 1905 by Dr. M. L. Malloy. This house combines the pointed arch of the Gothic, a shingled second-floor façade, bay windows, brackets, and even shows the influence Neo-Classic Revival …

    learn more

    Meriweather-Beinert House

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only.

    learn more

    Meriwether-Steele House

    west alabama image

    The Dr. Willis Meriwether House, also known as the Clark-Malone House, is a historic vernacular Greek Revival style house in Eutaw, AL. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a brick foundation.  Six square box columns span the front portico. …

    learn more

    Mesopotamia Female Seminary

    west alabama image

    The original site of the Mesopotamia Female Seminary was just west of Eutaw. In 1889 this building was moved to the present location at the intersection of Main & Wilson.  It became the core of Eutaw Female College, a reorganization of the old Euta …

    learn more

    Moundville Archaeological Park

    west alabama image

    Called “The Big Apple of the 14th Century” by National Geographic, Moundville Archaeological Park was once the site of a powerful prehistoric community that, at its peak, was America’s largest city north of Mexico.  Located on the Black Warrior River a …

    learn more

    Mural at the Eutaw Post Office

    west alabama image

    The post office in Eutaw, Alabama houses a wonderful example of New Deal artwork: a mural titled “The Countryside” by Robert Gwathmey. The work was commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and completed in 1941.

    learn more

    Murphy-Dunlap House

    west alabama image

    This is a private residence- drive by only The Murphy-Dunlap house is just one of many historic antebellum homes in Eutaw, AL. This frame-story-over-high-brick-foundation style house was built in 1847 by Daniel R. Wright. It has an unusual “winter kitc …

    learn more

    Murphy-Henderson House

    west alabama image

    The house is thought to have been built in 1896

    learn more

    Murphy-Henderson House (1896)

    This is a private residence- drive by only.

    learn more

    Myrtle Hill

    west alabama image

    Myrtle Hill is a historic house located in Boligee, Alabama. The house was built in 1840 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. *Known as Boligee Hill from 1840-1869 when it was renamed to Myrtle Hall. The house was renamed to …

    learn more

    Noel Ramsey House

    west alabama image

    The Noel-Ramsey home (sometimes called the Old French House) is unique in the annals of Alabama history.  This is the oldest home in Greensboro.  Constructed between 1819-21 by Thomas and Anne Hurtel Noel, it is the only surviving residence built by se …

    learn more

    Old City Cemetery

    west alabama image

    This beautifully-maintained and tranquil historic site includes graves of Confederate veterans and is documented in many historical records, including online sources. Address: City of Fayette; on west side of 3rd Ave NW, between 6th St NW and 9th St NW …

    learn more

    Old Green County Courthouse, 1838 & rebuilt 1868

    ÊThe courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 24, 1971, due to its architectural significance.Ê

    learn more

    Old Greene County Library, 1934

    learn more

    Old Greene County Probate Office, 1856

    This building is included in the Green County Courthouse listing that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on March 24, 1971. It is also a contributing property to the Green County Courthouse Historic District thatÕs listed on t …

    learn more

    Oliver-Braune House

    west alabama image

    This home began as a one-room law office that was built and used by Judge William C. Oliver. This house was added to the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage (ARLH) on October 12, 1976 and subsequently placed on the National Register of Historic …

    learn more

    Phillip Schoppart Cotton House

    west alabama image
    learn more

    Pickens County Courthouse

    west alabama image

    The Pickens County Courthouse in Carrollton, Alabama is the courthouse for Pickens County, Alabama. It is famous for a ghostly image that can be seen in one of its windows, claimed to be the face of Henry Wells, who allegedly was falsely accused of bur …

    learn more

    Rev. John H. Gray House

    west alabama image

    The Rev. John H. Gray House is a historic house in Eutaw, Alabama built in the 1830s. The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Antebellum Homes in Eutaw Thematic Resource on April 2, 1982, due to its architectural …

    learn more

    Rose House Inn

    The Rose House Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.  It was built in 1898 and restored in 1994.  It is currently serving as a bed and breakfast inn just a couple of blocks from downtown.

    learn more

    Rosemount

    west alabama image

    Rosemount is a historic plantation house located in Forkland, Alabama. The house was built between the years of 1832 and 1850 by the Glover family. The house is sometimes referred to as the “Grand Mansion of Alabama.”

    learn more
Visit Us On Facebook