St. John’s Episcopal Church

    west alabama image

    Used to be known as St. John’s-In-The-Prairie, the church was built around 1860 and relocated from Greensboro to its current location in 1879. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.

    learn more

    St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 1854

    west alabama image

    Join us in worship on the fourth Sunday of every month at 11 am. This church was built in 1854 at the plantation community of The Fork of Greene located twelve miles southeast of Boligee, AL.  The building was consecrated by Bishop Cobbs on April 28, 1 …

    learn more

    St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 1914

    west alabama image

    In 1845, the Anglican minister Rev. John H. Linebaugh organized and taught an Anglican confirmation class in Eutaw. Nine were confirmed in June of 1845 and the small congregation was organized into a parish. The first vestry was elected and appointed t …

    learn more

    Stephen Hale Fowler House

    west alabama image

    Also known as the Hale-Jarvis-Trotter House, the Stephen Hale Fowler House is thought to have been built in 1842. The house was added to the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage on November 30, 1977 and placed on the National Register of Historic …

    learn more

    Tannehill Ironworks Historical Park

    west alabama image

    Tannehill State Historical Park spans three counties and has more than 1,500 acres available for outdoor recreation, such as hiking, swimming, and birding. The park is home to iron furnaces that date back to 1830. The furnaces, once used by the Confede …

    learn more

    Uptown Centerville Historic Square

    west alabama image

    Beautiful buildings line the late nineteenth century square and overlooks the Cahaba River. Shopping, dining, and strolling the streets are offered on the square. The square centers around the courthouse. Built in 1902, the courthouse is the centerpiec …

    learn more

    Vaughn-Morrow House (Greene Co Hist Soc)

    west alabama image

    This home was built circa 1841 by Iredell P. Vaughan, a tailor, for his new bride, Miss Ann Margaret Steele. It has a raised Creole Cottage style construction. A one-story porch spans the full width of the east and south facades. It was added to the Na …

    learn more

    Webb-Grubbs House, “Shadowlawn” c 1840

    west alabama image

    This home was built circa 1840 for William Peter Webb, a lawyer from North Carolina who was one of the earliest residents of Eutaw. During early remodeling, a two-story porch was added with a door on the second level entering a balcony.

    learn more

    Webb-Howell House

    west alabama image

    Charles H. Webb choose the site of the mid-19th-century home of Joseph Pickens for his new home in 1908.  This home was built in the manner of the earlier classic Greek Revival colossal portico homes, reflecting the perfect symmetry of the style-prescr …

    learn more

    West Blocton Coke Ovens

    west alabama image

    Originally opened in 1996, the West Blocton Coke Ovens Park is situated among the ruins of 467 ovens that were capable of producing 600 tons of coke daily. Construction on the ovens began in 1887 and the first coke was produced in 1888. The Blocton ove …

    learn more

    William A. Rogers House

    west alabama image

    The William A. Rogers House is a historic attraction in Eutaw, Alabama. The house is one story and features beautiful Greek-style architecture. This is a private residence- drive by only.

    learn more

    William B. Wills House

    west alabama image

    The William B. Willis House, commonly referred to as “Sipsey”, is an L-shaped, one story, Greek Revival clapboard house on a high brick foundation. The house was relocated from slightly NW of Eutaw to its present site in 1978, and has since been carefu …

    learn more

    William C. Jones House

    west alabama image

    Also known as the Archibald-Tuck House, the William Jones House was built in the 1840s and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Antebellum Homes in Eutaw Thematic Resource on April 2, 1982, due to its architectural sign …

    learn more

    William Perkins House (built 1850s)

    west alabama image

    The William Perkins House, also known as the Freemount, is a historic Greek Revival style house that was built in the 1850s by William Perkins, a wealthy merchant from Kentucky. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a raised brick foundation …

    learn more

    William R Ward Cottage

    west alabama image

    The William R. Ward cottage, built in 1896, is one of the early works of Brough, Eutaw’s noted Victorian-style home builder.  The main portion of the house has a steep hip roof.  Small pavilions jutting from each side of this roof are crowned by gables …

    learn more

    Winston-McAlpine-Hitt House

    west alabama image

    This late-Victorian house was built around 1880. It is located at the intersection of Wilson Avenue and Boligee Street near downtown Eutaw, AL.

    learn more
Visit Us On Facebook